Friday, February 20, 2015

Journal

Listen to today's tunes and write your first impressions of Holden Caulfield.  Is his "voice" authentic to you?  Does it express what you/people you knoexperience?  Is it exaggerated?  Explain your answer.

Holden seems to have a terrible view of the world. As character he is very interesting, with a lot of opinions and thoughts that influence him. However he is just a normal, hormonal teen. He cusses a lot, and puts his wall up to defend his own feelings and thoughts. He seems very fake to me, I really don't know if I can trust his inner monologue. It seems like he uses his thoughts to distract himself. He is vulnerable, still trying to figure out himself, and the life he wants to lead. He reminds me a lot of other guys I know, trying to act all tough and in reality weak inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment